A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
"Stultum Est" is a Latin phrase that means "It is stupid", it's very open to interpretation and can refer to the game, the enemies, or even the player ;). When you play you are put in a procedurally generated level and your only goal is to kill all your enemies before they kill you!
This game may look like "just another shooter", but it has a gameplay changing mechanic that's really cool:
The player can see where all the enemies are because you're in a completely transparent level. However, at the same time, you don't know where are all the walls, the turns etc. and might end up shooting at a transparent wall when you think you're shooting the enemy. You also have a scanner that can make the wall it's pointing at visible (if that wall is within range). But making walls visible also means that you can't see where the enemies are, so you'll have to figure out how to balance your scanning.
- Fun and satisfying shooting action!
- Unique level scanning mechanic to spice everything up!
- Very badly modeled enemies with drones that shoot at you!
- Procedurally generated levels!
- More diverse chunks for procedural generation (second floor?!)
- Gun recoil improvements
- Enemy AI improvements
- Bug fixes
- Game improvements:
- Better welcome, die, and win screens
- Better models for all guns
- More enemy types
- More gamemodes
Controls: See tutorial level in-game
Simply unzip the file and play!
BTW I'm only 13 so don't be too harsh in the comments...
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.